NLR Bicycle Friendly Community
In Spring 2009, the League of American Bicyclists (LAB) gave the City of North Little Rock a bronze award for its efforts in making the City a Bicycle Friendly Community. LAB awards bronze, silver, gold, platinum or diamond status to communities that it designates as Bicycle Friendly. North Little Rock was the first of four cities in Arkansas to receive this award. To advance the City’s progress in this area, North Little Rock supports an active Bicycle Friendly Community Committee. This volunteer-based committee is committed to making North Little Rock a safer, more enjoyable environment for bicycle transportation and recreation.
The mission of the North Little Rock Bicycle Friendly Community Committee is to:
- Interact with the city and community to make North Little Rock safe for bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists
- Create a network of connected on-street facilities and bicycle-friendly trails to allow safe bicycle travel anywhere in North Little Rock
- Promote and encourage bicycling for recreation and transportation
- February 10, 2105 - Notes
- May 12, 2015 - Agenda
- August 11, 2015 - Cancelled
- November 10, 2015
Report from Septmber 12/15, 2015 Bicycle/Pedestrian Counts.
None scheduled at this time.