North Little Rock Parks & Recreation

Frequently Asked Questions


Official web site for the City of North Little Rock


Community Centers

    Neighborhood Parks


Burns Park Ball Fields

Recreation Programs

Holiday Lights in Burns Park

Calendar of Events

Contact Us


Traffic Rules for Cyclists

How do I reserve the Hospitality House at Burns Park?
Call 501-791-8537.

How do I reserve the building at Idlewild Park?
Call 501-791-8537.

How do I reserve a pavilion at Burns Park?
For most pavilions call 501-791-8537.  For the pavilions next to Funland, contact 501-753-7307.

Are there meeting rooms available?
Yes.  At each of our community centers.  Please contact a community center for availability.

I want to hold an event in a park.  Is there a form I need to fill out?
Yes.  A Special Event Application will need to be submitted to our Special Events Coordinator and the form will go through a review process.

What is the phone number for the submarine and the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum (AIMM)?
Call 501-371-8320

Who do I call get information on using the soccer, baseball, and softball fields?
For availability and scheduling, contact our Field Reservations at 501-791-8541.
The Weather Rain Out number is 501-791-8656.

Who do I call to turn in a work order for the parks?
Call our Parks Maintenance Division at 501-791-8591.

Who do I call to get summer program information for my kids?
Call 501-791-8545.  Information about our Summer Activities Program is also available here.

I want to get married at the Old Mill. What number do I call?
Call 501-791-8537

What time are the gates going to the boat launching ramps in Burns Park locked?
The gates to the Boat Launch ramp at Victory Lake are locked at 9:00 p.m.
The gates to the Boat Launch ramp by the Golf Course to access the Arkansas River are locked at 12:00 midnight and reopen at 6:00 a.m.

What time does the Old Mill open and close?
The Old Mill opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at dusk.

Who do I call to make RV park reservations at Burns Park?
Call 501-771-0702.

How do I get to the skatepark?
From Pike Avenue, go south on Pike Avenue. The road will come to a round-a-bout and take the first right turn onto Rockwater Boulevard. Follow it to River Road and turn right (the only way you can turn). Follow River Road for about 1 mile. The skatepark will be on your left in Riverview Park.

Who do I call if I notice something suspicious in one of the parks or on the trail?
If you believe it is an emergency, contact the NLR police at 911.  Otherwise contact our park ranger at 501-812-5962

How long is the Arkansas River Trail on the North Little Rock side?
7.5 miles from the middle of the Clinton Presidential Bridge to the base of the Big Dam Bridge.

Is there a copy of the fees and charges for memberships, programs, reservations, and more?
Yes.  It is available here as a PDF. (revised June 23, 2014)

If I have a question that is not answered here, who can I contact with my question?
Call 501-791-8538 and they can direct you to the appropriate division or staff person.



North Little Rock Parks and Recreation
2700 Willow Street North Little Rock, AR 72114
501-791-8538 Fax: 501-791-8528 Email: parksandrec @